Saturday 27 December 2014

38 + 39 weeks....

Well as I said nothing goes as planned.

I'm currently in our b&b.

Went for docs appointment last week and baby has flipped.  So it's just a matter of waiting.  Doc. wants me to have frequent monitoring to see if I have any contractions and if the baby is doing well.

He then said that I should go into hospital at 40 weeks if baby is not born before and have frequent check ups making it present that my pregnancy is high risk and that I lost my baby at 36 weeks in my last pregnancy.


Well I went to hospital ... had various monitoring for contractions.... I have been going for the past three days every two days.  A doc didn't actually believe that baby had flipped and said that he wanted to give me a scan.  He did and said that I had polydramnios.  Too much amniotic liquid.

The doc in the hospital didn't seem that worried about it.  He just said come back in about three days for monitoring.  I went back the day after and abother doc said exactly the same thing.

I have read up on internet about polydramnios.  I suppose I shouldn't have.

Polydramnious usually occurs when baby has gastrointestinal defects, if mother has gestational diabetes and other things.

I called my doc to let him know.  He didn't seem very worried about it.  He told me to do another glucose test.  I went to see if I could do the test and the laboratory is closed for christmas holidays!

Im quite worried as I had polydramnios for my last pregnancy too.

I would love to know what's going on inside my bump.  If baby is ok.  I really hope everything will go well.  I'm SO scared.




No comments:

Post a Comment